CAREERS AT SOMERSET PREPARATORY ACADEMY
Somerset Prep DC Public Charter School promotes a culture that maximizes scholar achievement and fosters the development of responsible, self-directed life-long learners in a safe and enriching environment. This will be achieved in a rigorous academic environment focused on the fundamentals of leadership development, enhanced personal responsibility, and community involvement. LEARN, LIVE, LEAD! Our mission requires that we develop in all scholars the foundational skills, core content knowledge, critical-thinking ability, and personal characteristics necessary to succeed on their way to college. We can only accomplish this through a highly structured and disciplined environment in which rigorous instruction drives every classroom.
- All scholars have the ability to achieve academic excellence so they are prepared to excel in college.
- All scholars thrive in a highly structured school environment and culture that focuses on building relationships and fostering respect and rapport.
- Somerset Preparatory Academy is a data driven organization.
- All scholars deserve outstanding teachers that produce outstanding results.
- Collaboration and Shared Purpose. Support and encourage parents and community organizations to work together to advance scholar success.
Who Are We Looking For?
A Somerset Preparatory Academy team member is/has…
- grit and will work relentlessly until the problem is solved
- a lifelong learner with a growth mindset
- willing to work collaboratively with their teammates for the benefit of the program
- a team player
- a believer in accountability and one that thrives in a work place with high expectations
- the ability to express and maintain optimism about the future of our scholars and program
- emotional constancy when dealing with challenging behavior or scholars in crisis
- respectful and professional toward the staff, scholars, school community, and themselves
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an applicable subject area.
- A passing Praxis exam score by OSSE standards for the applicable grade level or subject area.
- Licensure/Certification by a state-approved agency.
- 1-2 years of full-time teaching experience, preferably in an urban environment.